Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 22nd, 2018 04:00

Design NAS DR solution

I would like to inquire about the design of a NAS DR solution.

I currently have two Unity 400s and would like to implement a replicated CIFS service in the booth of the second CPD.

The communications between both CPDs are made through an extended LAN with the same IP address.

My design questions arise mainly during configuration;

I create the NAS service in the primary CPD, the replication interfaces with their corresponding IPs in each of the centers.

Do I have to register another NAS server in the secondary CPD?

Is information replicated from both files and NAS/CIFS service?

When a failover is executed. Will users access without making changes to the original file path, such as \\NAS\Share?

Best regards

8.6K Posts

June 22nd, 2018 16:00

Hi

I would suggest to start with the Unity replication technologies white paper - it should answer most of your questions.

yes config info is replicated as well since you replicate the NAS server

details on what is and what can be overriden are in configuring replication PDF manual

after a failover clients will see the same cifs server name and shares

4.5K Posts

June 26th, 2018 09:00

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer.

Remembering to mark the question Answered helps others with similar problems and awarding points helps motivate people to take the time answer you questions. Forgetting this may affect responsiveness.

glen

No Events found!