Start a Conversation

Unsolved

5 Posts

November 15th, 2019 03:00

Help adding new diskslef to unity

Hi

I need some help adding new diskself...

I have 2 right now, where the main controller is connected from 0-1 port is connected to A on booth diskself(1 and 2).

I need to connected the 3 one, but there is no free port from the main controller.Should i connected from B on the 2 and or 1 diskself to A on the new diskslef. 

Does it give any sense

2 Intern

• 

141 Posts

November 15th, 2019 04:00

Have a look here:

https://support.emc.com/docu69352_Adding-a-25-drive-DAE.pdf?language=en_US

Connect both SAS cables to the same existing shelf (the "B" ports on each LCC are for this). They are connected to the corresponding "A" Ports on your new shelf. Cabling example is on page 20 + 21 of the PDF mentioned above. After that connect power to the new shelf.

What shelf numbers do you have now? The two-digit number on the back is the Bus number (either 00 or 01), the single digit is the enclosure number (0 or 1). I would guess you have one shelf with 00-1 and another 01-0. The controller shelf (DPE) is 00-0, but you don't see that on any display. So connect the new shelf to existing shelf 01-0. That will then be 01-1 (DAE 1 1 in Unisphere) after it powers up. You will then have 2 enclosures on each bus.

It takes a couple of minutes for Unisphere to see the new hardware.

If you're not sure, you could try and get a DellEMC-certified partner to do it for you.

Regards,

Stephen

No Events found!