Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

25 Posts

June 2nd, 2022 04:00

Reimaging of Unity 300

Hello Experts.

Please, we have Unity 300 which was idle since long, we did not use it. now we plan to use this but we forgot all the details, we dont have managment IP, we dont remember the passwords for any account. 

we tried to access through service port through IPMI tool, we able to reach on login prompt...but no password nothing can be done. 

is there any way we can reimage? and do the factory default?

• 

8.5K Posts

June 2nd, 2022 11:00

Hi,

Thanks for your question. This guide should allow you to do a factory reset. https://dell.to/3NgmTMb

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

June 22nd, 2022 04:00

Hello Josh,

thanks for sharing the link.

please, i was going through the link which you shared it mentioned:-

Note:  If the Management IP is not available over the network, you will need local on-site access to the SPs  Service Port, along with a Windows client that has the IPMITool installed.  As an alternative, connect to either SP over IPMI, and assign a temporary network IP address to the SP using the svc_network service command. This will also enable SSH access by default to this IP. You can also do this for the other SP, if required.  From that point, you can connect to the system remotely.

I dont know the ip address, I able to connect through service port on IPMI tool but it asking me the password which i dont know.  i tried some of the default password like service/service admin/service admin/admin etc but no luck.  

the link you shared i asking me to connect to service port and run the command but i am unable to go on command promt. is there any solution?

• 

6.9K Posts

June 22nd, 2022 07:00

Hello duahimanshu816,

The default username and password for the service account is as follows:

Username= service

Password= “service”

I would try that to see if you can get access or not.  If you still can’t get access then the only other way to get access is for support to reset the passwords on the system. 

Here is another kb that you can try to see if it will let you get access to your system.

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000022355/dell-emc-unity-how-to-change-unlock-reset-the-admin-or-service-passwords?lang=en

62 Posts

June 25th, 2022 00:00

If you have the original boot disk and orignial first 4 system vault disk. then you can reiamge it simpe. but if your first 4 system valut disk was lost or broken. It will be hard job to reimage the disk. 

8.6K Posts

July 11th, 2022 05:00

@tianchou wrote:

If you have the original boot disk and orignial first 4 system vault disk. then you can reiamge it simpe. but if your first 4 system valut disk was lost or broken. It will be hard job to reimage the disk. 

actually its not that hard - just requires time and preparation.

You can generate bootable USB sticks and reinit from them
You would need that on both SP's so you require IPMI console on both and stop the boot at the right time to change to boot from USB

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

August 6th, 2023 09:00

hello . please tell me how can make bootable usb 

• 

8.5K Posts

August 7th, 2023 06:00

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

If you are a Dell Partner you can follow this https://dell.to/45fn3fe If not you will have to contact phone support.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

No Events found!