Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 25th, 2023 10:00

Replacing our vCenter server

Greetings,

We're upgrading (replacing) our Dell servers that are currently connected to our Unity 480F.  Part of this upgrade involves moving our hosts to a new vcenter server.   

I know that the Unity has a connection to vCenter, but I think that was only for finding hosts and setting them up.  My question is, will disconnecting the hosts from the vCenter server that the Unity is connected to have any adverse effects on the hosts that are connected to the Unity storage?  I obviously don't want to cause a disconnection with the storage when I do this. 

I'm pretty sure it will be fine, but I wanted to verify, as I'm not 100% clear on what the Unity does with the vCenter connection.  Is it only used for "setup", or does it get used in an ongoing basis as well?

Thanks,

Bill

• 

8.7K Posts

January 26th, 2023 06:00

Hi,
Thanks for your question. It can cause issues with communication, but there are steps you can do. https://dell.to/3kK3Dxb;
Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

11 Posts

January 26th, 2023 08:00

Thanks for the feedback.  It appears that this issue was fixed in versions after 4.1.2.9257522, based on what I saw at the end of that article, so we should be ok, but I appreciate having the available steps in case I need them.

• 

8.7K Posts

January 26th, 2023 08:00

No problem, let us know if you need anything else. 

No Events found!