Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2017 13:00

Tool to capture configuration on Unity systems.

Greetings, would anybody tell me of a utility or process where we can capture the current configuration of a Unity frame.

We need to present our customers with a document (post-installation)

I know that ACG (As-Built Configuration Generator) does Avamar, Data Domain and Networker, but no Unity.

Regards,

Claudio

522 Posts

February 5th, 2017 09:00

You can use the UNITY designer on the PS apps website. It will take the telemetry file inside the data collection zip and provide a report on the layout, config, connections, etc. Sometimes you have to fake it out and put a "gz" on the end of the tar file, but otherwise it will spit out a report like you are probably used to from submitting SP Collects. MiTrends will do this as well for another avenue of an as-built type of report.

3 Posts

February 16th, 2017 13:00

My apologies .. I had not seen your reply.  Can you tell me where the PS apps website is located?

Please remember that I am an EMC Partner and do not have access to internal EMC site.

Thank you so much again for your reply.

Cheers

• 

239 Posts

February 16th, 2017 23:00

Its is available to partners, however access is managed by the partner org, you would have to have Unity certs etc.

Partners can request access by opening a SR with the partner team, and they grant / deny access based on their criteria.

Partner Central users, please submit your query via the "Cases" tab from Partner Central.

Non-Partner Central users, please submit your query by using the webform.

25 Posts

March 5th, 2018 06:00

Hi,

Where in the Unity Designer page do you upload the Data Collection ZIP file?

Thanks

D

• 

239 Posts

March 6th, 2018 00:00

In the landing page you should see a sad panda saying there are no projects, with an "add project" button under that.

If not: show all projects > add project > activity = configuration

Then from there go to uploads on the top left.

25 Posts

March 13th, 2018 05:00

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I may be using a different too, I don’t see a san panda on the landing page.

I am using the Midrange Sizer, form the link below, and selecting system designer tab on the left but I don’t se any options for projects.

Could you send a link to the tool which you are using?

Thanks

https://midrangesizer.emc.com/?lang=en-US

8.6K Posts

March 13th, 2018 07:00

yes its a different tool than midrangesizer

for requesting access use the links that Andre posted in his reply from 2/17

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

July 3rd, 2019 16:00

I´m reading your reply, but I don't fully understand how can I download the UNITY designer... Could you explain me more about it?

8.6K Posts

July 4th, 2019 06:00

Unity Designer is a web based tool that is available for Dell EMC employees and partners

IF you are a customer please contact your local Dell / partner contact

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

July 4th, 2019 11:00

I'm a partner, so what is the process to download the Unity designer? 

No Events found!