Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2018 05:00

Unity NAS Server failover / DNS issue

We have currently deployed our Unity650F arrays and we are performing NAS failover testing between our Primary and DR sites. Each site has a different VLAN / IP range for our NAS environment and as such we have clicked on the option on the DR NAS “Override address” to specify a different IP once in DR.

The NAS failover works as expected however it appears that the Unity system is not performing a DNS remove before adding the DR DNS entry.

We have performed the same NAS failover test on our VNX arrays and performed a capture of the DNS packets and we can clearly see that under the VNX array the original source datamover performs a DNS removal and the datamover receiving the NAS performs a DNS add.

We have had to manually adjust the NAS server settings using the svc_nas commands directly on the array so that the NAS automatically creates a PTR record:

svc_nas SLO-NAS-F02P-P -param -facility dns -modify updatePTRrecord -value 1

However again on failover its simply adding an additional PTR record. Is there something else you need to configure either through the GUI or cli which gives the Unity array the option to perform a DNS delete then add when performing a NAS failover?

8.6K Posts

January 18th, 2018 06:00

please open a service request to get this investigated

8 Posts

January 18th, 2018 07:00

Thanks Rainer I already have opened an SR

Was hoping to see if other people have experienced this issue on the forum as I'm not progressing this issue so far.

1 Message

October 9th, 2018 02:00

Hello Jolly,

"However again on failover its simply adding an additional PTR record. Is there something else you need to configure either through the GUI or cli which gives the Unity array the option to perform a DNS delete then add when performing a NAS failover?"

Any clarification you received from EMC how Unity behave during failover when tries automatically update DNS entry?

January 6th, 2021 01:00

Hi Jolly,

Did you get any update on EMC on this .I have also a similar setup and need to perform a failover and failback however did not find any specific document on DNS when the failback happens.

Please let me know if you have any update on this .

Thanks

Vishal

• 

7.1K Posts

January 6th, 2021 14:00

Hello Vishal,

Here is a link to a KB that maybe of assistance. https://dell.to/3nlpXbV

No Events found!