Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 15th, 2017 06:00

question about reimaging an unity 300f (Service Key Generator site)

Hello,

I have to reimage an unity 300f box (because port 4 on both SP doesn't want to service ISCSI request, working fine on port 5).

I have generated the procedures throw solve generator.

The procedure says in step 2:

2.  Create two bootable USB Drives from the target .tgz.bin file using the following steps:
     a)  On a working Unity system, use the svc_inject -k process to inject root access, then initiate a root session using svc_service_shell

spb:~> svc_inject -k
     Current Challenge: 6C57C-54307-ADE7F-02F4D-4FB76-06A64
     --Copy the ‘Current Challenge’ string to the Service Key Generator site, then run the command again with the response Key
     spb:~> svc_inject -k 1D1DC-9B506-351A7-2F08B-BCB14-75DB7-AC7E3-E71B4-01
     Note:  This will inject root to the system, but you must still initiate the Root session each time you connect via SSH for that particular user Shell session

The question is what is "the service key generator site" and how to access it ?

Thank you by advance

Olivier

8.6K Posts

May 16th, 2017 06:00

that is an EMC internal tool - you need to work with support directly if its determined that you need a key

However a re-image should work fine using the Unisphere GUI without root required

3 Posts

May 16th, 2017 06:00

Hello,

I have also another question:

If the Service Key Generator site can only be accessed by EMC technician, is there another way to reimage an Unity box with directly creating a bootable USB drive ?

Thank you

Olivier

3 Posts

May 18th, 2017 06:00

Hello Rainer,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Regards,

Olivier

4 Posts

April 23rd, 2019 02:00

Hi Rainer,

How do i reimage the EMCUnity to a lower software version  from 4.5 to 4.4 ?

Can i do it with a Thumbdrive or how ?

BestRegards

8.6K Posts

April 23rd, 2019 10:00

yes - a destructive re-image to a lower OE version is possible.

Its not a customer operation - so please ask EMC support or your service provider to do it for you

No Events found!