Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

May 22nd, 2017 11:00

Demand Report question (service levels)

We've got a couple of VMAX3 100K arrays, each with several storage groups that are all associated with the Optimized service level.

However, on the Unisphere Storage Groups Dashboard -> Storage Resource Pools -> Demand Report it is showing over a terabyte of used capacity with Service Level of .  I'm seeing this on both arrays.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly is using this space.  Is it some default overhead that is not configurable by the user?  Since all storage groups are associated with Optimized I would expect the Demand Report to only show capacity under that Service Level.

Thanks,

Eddy

May 24th, 2017 06:00

Hi Eddy,

these items with a service level of none do indicate that they are SG's and would still consume space. When they were created  they were not placed under fast control.

Normally we would recommend having an SG under fast control when creating it.

let me know if this is clear or if you need more.

Regards

Finbarr.

17 Posts

May 25th, 2017 08:00

Hi Finbarr,

The thing is all of my storage groups are assigned a service level of optimized.  So how do I figure out which volumes have a service level of none?

Eddy

17 Posts

May 25th, 2017 08:00

I think a better way to ask my question is - is there a CLI command to view all volumes that do not belong to a storage group?  Or list all volumes and have their storage group association be shown as an additional column?

May 31st, 2017 04:00

Hi Edy,

just to make sure can you verify with a symsg list -detail -by_sl

to get a list of devices that are not in a sg you can use the symdev option

symdev list –notinsg

also to check if they are the other command can be used

symdev list –insg

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Fin.

No Events found!