Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2013 11:00

FE Port utilization % by Storage Group

I'm using Unisphere for VMAX 1.5.0.6 and have been looking for a more effcient way to see which storage group is utilizing a FE port the most.  This feature was in a nice dashboard view in SMC but was lost after the product update.

I can get this information the long way by getting each storage group's numbers that are assigned to the FE ports, and then comparing... but I was looking for a quicker monitor / analyze view.

Any ideas?

26 Posts

January 31st, 2013 17:00

Symmetrix Performance Analyzer ?

278 Posts

February 1st, 2013 00:00

Hi Scott,

as Kleanthis said use the SPA. It is amazing tool in order to get Real Time statisitic, to have history, trends!!!!, use it as diagnostic tool.

The other way is to collect the TTP files from the SP and to merge them in order to create a BTP file and then to use the Performance Analyzer. But i believe it is not worth it.

Cheers

5 Posts

May 2nd, 2013 12:00

Has anyone found a way to do this yet?  Lots of the SPA functions are missing from the Unisphere replacement.

2.1K Posts

May 6th, 2013 20:00

Hi Sccot

Did you added the Performance option in Unisphere for VMAX? it's optional.

53 Posts

May 7th, 2013 07:00

Hello Scott,

If you have installed the performance option during installation of Unisphere for VMAX, you have the SPA functionality.

Once done, you can go into Performance > Analyze > Diagnostic > for an array > for a SG. You can then double click on the SG which will take you to the volumes that are part of that SG. You can then change tab into FE Director to see the SG's FE utilization.

Thanks!

Regards,

Roshan Raju.

18 Posts

August 13th, 2014 13:00

I too used the port group IOPs metrics in SPA to help determine where to assign the next host.

Viewing the FE stats under the Storage group drill down shows the same valuse as the Array drill down.

Will EMC add the port group tabbed stats in a subsequent release of Unisphere for VMAX?

Thank you,

Don T

No Events found!