kgoudus
3 Argentium

Gate keeper error

The gatekeeper device (while using the Base Daemon) has an error (Please see the Log file)

I am begginer in storage. If someone can help me with this error. what it is and how to recitfy that will be helpful to me.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
mb_live
2 Bronze

Re: Gate keeper error

Hey kgoudus,

This is extremely vague. Can you post what command you were trying to run when you got this error?

It could be a multiple of issues, but would need at least somewhere to start.

0 Kudos
kgoudus
3 Argentium

Thanks for the Reply.

I used symcfg list -thin -pool -GB

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Thallium

how many arrays are zoned to this host, if there are multiple arrays can you run the same command + sid <array-sid> number to figure out which one is causing the issue. It could be that gatekeepers got removed from that host.

mb_live
2 Bronze

Are you familiar with the symapi log at all? typically located in var/symapi/log

Look for the latest time stamp and that will give a more descriptive error to know if it's more on a communication issue or maybe a permissions issue

kgoudus
3 Argentium

H:\>symcfg -sid 761 list -thin -pool -GB

Symmetrix ID: 000195900761

The gatekeeper device (while using the Base Daemon) has an error (Please see the

Log file)

0 Kudos
kgoudus
3 Argentium

I am not that much familiar with symapi log.

I will try to find out the log file and check the time stamps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dynamox
6 Thallium

kgoudus wrote:

H:\>symcfg -sid 761 list -thin -pool -GB

Symmetrix ID: 000195900761

The gatekeeper device (while using the Base Daemon) has an error (Please see the

Log file)

verify that this host is still zoned to that array and if gatekeeper devices (typically 3mb devices) are mapped/masked to this host.

0 Kudos
kgoudus
3 Argentium

How to check the hosts. i tried to check the devices but it is giving same error

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Thallium

start with zoning first, make sure this host is zoned to this array.

0 Kudos