Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 26th, 2014 12:00

HostIO Limits from Unisphere for VMAX

I'm trying to use python against the REST API of Unisphere for VMAX to pull back :

host_io_limit_mb_sec

host_io_limit_io_sec

dynamicDistribution

for all storage groups.

Any chance anyone has an example?

I'm doing something similar for some performance metrics, but I can't seem to deconstruct how to do the same for the above metrics.

Thanks.

419 Posts

December 2nd, 2014 01:00

Hi,

Apologies,  you will need to be on the 8.0.x version of Unisphere to get this information.  I should have called this out.  The REST API with 1.6.x was only supporting performance.  With the latest version we have opened up the full suite to you so you can now do provisioning.  This will be on GA this week so keep an eye out on support.emc.com for the kit to be posted. 

419 Posts

November 28th, 2014 04:00

Mark, I'll look into this for you, can you shoot me a direct message and I will follow up Monday when I'm in the office

>>watch this space... I've sent a mail to the developers will see what they come back with

419 Posts

November 28th, 2014 05:00

Hi,

The only way to do this for all SGs is to iterate through all SGs and then lookup each SG. The ones that have Host I/O limits set will return the required values:

{

"storageGroup": [

{

"storageGroupId": "ForIO",

"slo": "Optimized",

"srp": "DEFAULT_SRP",

"workload": "NONE",

"wlp_status": "NONE",

"num_of_vols": 2,

"num_of_child_sgs": 0,

"num_of_parent_sgs": 0,

"num_of_masking_views": 0,

"num_of_snapshots": 0,

"cap_gb": 36,

"device_emulation": "FBA",

"type": "Standalone",

"hostIOLimit": {

"host_io_limit_mb_sec": "10000",

"host_io_limit_io_sec": "10000",

"dynamicDistribution": "Never"

}

}

],

"success": true

}

3 Posts

November 28th, 2014 08:00

That is exactly the data I am looking for, however I'm not sure if my URI is incorrect or some other variable, but I continue to get a 404.

3 Posts

November 28th, 2014 08:00

Doesn't seem as if I can PM you here.  I get the following:

"You can only send messages to your Friends / Connections (people following you). You must remove users marked with an exclamation point before your message can be sent."

I am following you now.

No Events found!