Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

December 12th, 2016 12:00

How to decide which type of array to choose for servers

Have VNX/VMAX/Xtremio, need to plan and migrate the servers. Which type of IOPS suitable for XtremIO/VMAX/VNX arrays. How do I decide.

136 Posts

December 13th, 2016 04:00

Totally depend on the environment, application, etc.., so many dependencies are there.. you have few more All flash options as well.. VMAX AFA, Unity AFA..

26 Posts

December 13th, 2016 17:00

I would be looking at the requirement of the applications. High end SQL or Oracle clusters I would be looking to migrate to Xtremio and backend to Vmax as these 2 have the most backend power. Look to distribute your IO across your FA ports to allow bandwidth and not create a bottle neck at the FA ports. Allow for expansion and flexibility. Tier 2 systems I would look to structure on the VNX. It depends on the business model and what the business considers to be HA and uptime.

Some businesses consider file access more important than Database access, Others consider Multimedia streaming to be the most important. Matching the product with the business model and expectations is the key for today and allowing for expansion into the future.

No Events found!