Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2013 10:00

Recoverpoint TDEVS + Initiator Group + New Hosts +VMAXe10K

I'm trying to understand the process of introducing new vSphere 5.1 hosts to an initiator group that it tied to a storage group that has recoverpoint volumes inside it.

When I try to add the new hosts into the initiator group that has access to the TDEV that are enabled for recoverpoint I get an error through SMC.

Is there an official process I should when introducing new hosts to VMAX tdevs that are recoverpoint enabled.

1.2K Posts

December 8th, 2013 08:00

The "Consistent LUN Violation" error you see occurs when adding the LUNs with the same LUN ID across all FAs is not possible.  For example, the LUN IDs on one of the FAs you're mapping to already has that LUN ID in use.

If you want to map the LUNs with the same masking view, you'll have to manually select the LUN IDs you wish to use.  You'll have to find LUN IDs that are not in use on all of the FAs in the masking view.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

2 Intern

• 

227 Posts

December 6th, 2013 11:00

Here is the message I get when i try through SMC:

UNeFOTg2reg6KZjJXNpDSTZrR.png

Have not tried from symcli yet, but am trying to understand why I might be having issues through GUI

2 Intern

• 

227 Posts

December 8th, 2013 16:00

Thanks Karl  you happen to know how I can tell which LUN ID are mapped to which ports?  Also, is it safe to say with the VMAX that all hosts must use the same director ports if they are VMware hosts in a cluster that all need to see the same set of luns?

1.2K Posts

December 9th, 2013 10:00

Consistent LUNs are not a "requirement" in recent versions of vCenter, but it simplifies management greatly.

You can use symcfg -sid 1234 list -fa ALL -address to show all of the addresses assigned on each FA.  You can add -available to see addresses that have not been used.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

No Events found!