Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2013 12:00

SRDF/A replication Stopped and Invalid tracks are getting accumulate in R1 side

Hi All,

We have a network outage in our SRDF/A environment. so all of RDFG groups are went to Suspend mode. Now i can see the changed tracks are getting acumulate in R1 frame.

My question is

1) Is that will impact regular  perfomance in Host and symmetrix operation.?

2) if yes , how to prevent the host and symm performnce.

Already our local Timefinder clone operation got affected. (clone copy rate is very slow)

Please guide me on this.

Thanks in Advance

Sathish

465 Posts

July 28th, 2013 16:00

A link outage will not affect host response times or Symmetrix operation.

Once the link is operational, all of the invalid tracks need to be copied to the R2 side. This process can increase utilisation on the back-end of the array. Since this is a copy operation, and clone is also a copy operation, there is a potential for contention of resources. If that is the case, you can always use QOS to give priority of one over the other.

There should be no Clone impact on the R1 array just because of a link outage.

110 Posts

August 5th, 2013 01:00

Hi Sathish,

Once the configured SRDF DSE pool fills up then the session will be like drop / fail. Then the next SRDF copy would be full data copy across the site. Pushing a huge amount of data at one shot is not adviced as it could cause the link between the site be over utilized.

DMX series SRDF/A cache is 94% of the array cache

In VMAX series, the default value of SRDF/A cache is 75%.... Host will not be impacted unless its SRDF/S.

Please correct me if I am wrong....

Regards,

Periyakaruppan N

22 Posts

August 5th, 2013 06:00

Hi Sathish,

Hope the issue got resolved and you did it by changing the SRDF mode to Adaptive copy. If you are pushing the data with SRDF/A you will be having an impact.

Regards,

Shankar R

No Events found!