Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

August 25th, 2011 02:00

Sym ACL functions working on one host but not its partner

The scenario:

VMAX and Clariion with 2x HPUX attached to both storage arrays. One host creates Open Replicator copies of its Sym data onto the Clariion for the other host to process.

Both hosts are in the same ACL group and are both able to manage symrcopy sessions as the accpool has RCOPY granted for all devices. This tells me that the ACL permissions are correct.

When running a symrcopy -sid 2356 list on one host - it lists the RCOPY sessions as exepcted.

When running the same command on the other host is simply reports that there are no RCOPY sessions active.

I tried granting RCOPY on the accpool for all_devs and also for the named accpool with no change.

Is this a bug or am I missing something out?

Insite and help much appreciated.

Neil

August 26th, 2011 05:00

As you are not getting an error related to ACL, it seems to be a problem with Symcli.

Try rebuilding symapi database. Rename existing symapi_db.bin file( Just in case you need to restore it) and then run symcfg discover  on the host which shows wrong status of OR control devs. Then try quering again.

859 Posts

August 26th, 2011 10:00

if you are have version on both the hosts then collect the symapi debugs and open a ticket with support.

regards,

Saurabh Rohilla

859 Posts

August 26th, 2011 10:00

It appears to be SE problem. Do you have same version on both the hosts?

regards,

Saurabh Rohilla

No Events found!