Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2016 11:00

Unisphere for VMAX - administrator rights

I've installed (as a vApp) EMC Unisphere for VMAX/EMC vApp Manager for Unisphere for VMAX - Management & Performance (v1.6.2).  I can log into both tools using the seconfig ID, but while in EMC Unisphere for VMAX, it (seconfig ID) has no admin privileges; everything is greyed out.  How do I set up admin privileges?  I need to discover a couple of arrays.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

June 9th, 2016 05:00

you are not logging in to the WebUI as "smc" ?

1 Rookie

• 

299 Posts

from cli, run

symauth list -users

if your name is not there as an any role, it defaults to the least privilege, hence it will be greyed out, if you are trying to use LDAP authentication, and be an admin if you are a member of a group, see;

https://emcservice.force.com/CustomersPartners/kA2j0000000R2xHCAS the relevant bit is; There are three ways to resolve this issue: 1. Give the Unisphere computer List Contents and Read all permissions on the Domain:     a.  Log in to the AD server -> Roles -> Ad -> Ad users and Computer - > highlight the Domain and go to the menu bar, view select advanced features.     b.  Right click the domain name in the tree -> properties.     c.  Select security tab -> bottom select advanced button.     d.  On permission tab the near bottom select Add..     e.  On the right side of Windows click objects type -> check off computers -> in the object tab type in the hostname where Unisphere is installed -> hit OK.     f.  On next window check off List Contents and Read All Properties -> hit OK, apply, OK.     g.  Then log into the computer where Unisphere is installed and restart the EMC Symmetrix Management Application Server service.     h.  Then log in to Unisphere and see if the Domain\user now can see the array. 2. Give the domain user that starts the SMAS service List Contents and Read all permissions on the Domain:     a.  Create a new user in AD, for example named  123User .     b.  Log on to the Unisphere server, right click the SMAS service and go to the log on tab.     c.  Change the location to domain, add user and give it a password.     d.  Give AD user  123User  read and list rights to the AD domain (as described in previous steps).     e.  Restart the SMAS service.  3. Use LDAP-SSL instead of Windows AD.

39 Posts

When I log into Unisphere for VMAS as smc, it is greyed out as well.

No Events found!