Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 2nd, 2013 13:00

Unisphere for VMAX - exporting data

Hello folks,

just recently deployed Unisphere for VMAX 1.6.0.8 OVA, works great, much faster than my SMC/SPA 2.2.2 installation. My goal is to be able to extract UPV and bin files from the Unisphere appliance and store them on Performance Viewer appliance to be able to view historical performance data. According to the install guide these files are going to be stored under SMAS/Backup/ .... The question is how do i get to that directory on the appliance itself. I tried to ssh to the appliance but got nothing so i assume ssh is disabled ? Before is start going down the road of brute force (single mode boot, reset root password ..etc), is there a documented way to extract those files from the appliance ?

Thanks

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

November 13th, 2013 08:00

Tony,

i am using native Unisphere for VMAX export functionality (i export to UPV files), that i later on scp to my Unisphere for VMAX offline viewer for later analysis and historical information ..works pretty well.

859 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 02:00

Hi Dynamox,

If you are wondering how to export data out of your Unisphere appliance then you can try the following (I have not tried it myself but it should work):

1) Take the console of the Unisphere appliance.

2) press ALT + F2. It will take you to the prompt.

3) enter vappadmin credentials.

4) then use sftp command to export your data. SFTP works on the appliance.

Ignore if you have already tried it

regards,

Saurabh

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

July 3rd, 2013 03:00

logging it to console with seconfig credentials does not work, sftp uses ssh protocol ..if i can't ssh into the appliance i can't use sftp.

53 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 05:00

As from what i see from KB 86315, SSH is not possible. But the default login credentials to the VAPP console are vappadmin/vappadmin.

859 Posts

yes, ssh does not work but you can do sftp from the appliance to another server using vappadmin credentials.

regards,

Saurabh

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

Logged-in with vappadmin account, it’s running rbash so I can’t cd into any directory on the file system.

November 13th, 2013 08:00

activate ssh on your appliance and use cseadmin/cseadmin

now for me searching how to modify my.cnf to tune mysql with more memory and direct io also

2 Posts

March 25th, 2014 18:00

1. You would have to enable ssh access

https://vApp IP:5480 seconfig/seconfig

Command Execution->Host Configuration->Enable SSH

2. Now you can  ssh to the vApp with  cseadmin/cseadmin

3. I think the directory  you need is /opt/emc/SMAS/backup/SPA/STP

No Events found!