Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2018 20:00

VMAX 3 LUN Expansion

Team,

I work for a client who is requesting to expand LUN's on the VMAX 2 and a VMAX 3. The issue I am having is that these LUN's are

a. Replicated using SRDF

or

b. Replicated using Recoverpoint

My question is can I go ahead and expand the LUN's both on the source and the target arrays without having to break the replication (SRDF or RPA)? Is this expansion seamless when the devices are being replicated? Is there a procedure that I need to follow specifically as when I would expand the R1 the R2 will not be of the same size right away until I expand it. Please let me know when you have a moment.

Thanks,

Sumanth

465 Posts

February 8th, 2018 21:00

For SRDF, Deletepair is currently a pre-requisite to a device expansion. You will find this documented in the Hypermax OS release notes. Keep a lookout for up coming announcements regarding enhancements in this space.

Recoverpoint protected device expansion isn't specifically listed in the limitations. I haven't attempted this one so hopefully someone else will chime in on the RP part.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 9th, 2018 06:00

You need to break the replication session for RDF, believe the same for RP.  you'd need to take out of of the CG to exand the device and then do the required steps to add it back to the CG.

No Events found!