Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2014 07:00

Vmax 10k Configuration

Dear Members,

I have recently installed and cabled vmax 10k . now i want to know what next after power on . can i have any configuration guide.

812 Posts

November 1st, 2014 11:00

This involves a lot of tasks, would be better to take assistance from local EMC team.

November 3rd, 2014 06:00

Correct, EMC CE needs to do the remaining steps now that you have the physical install completed.  I would also remind the CE to execute the software scripts since they may not always be familiar with that part.  Its really just the second part of the install and ask if you want to use the mfg layout, then it will execute all the correct CLI.

The is an article on the support site describing how to install a 10K but you wont be able to complete it yourself.

4 Posts

Thanks for the reply ,  i am from the partners . the vmax came with emc rack and installed on 3rd party rack . which  i have done so far along with the proper cabling .

now my question is what are the next steps , To generate credential  and install bin . is this my responsibility or for that there should be an emc engineer to complete the remaining tasks.

Hello,

Just to complete the thought, the VMAX 10K is completely configured when it arrives from manufacturing.  Part of the CE installation process is to run a install script.  This is a series of CLI commands which build the TDATS, define the pool,s and define the FAST VP tiers and basic policy.  The customer is not part of this process.  Its completely done by the EMC CE and is part of our installation so no additional charges.  I would strongly recommend that the array be deployed as it was configured since this has proven to be the optimal layout.

4 Posts

November 3rd, 2014 07:00

Thanks for the support . i will contact EMC CE to complete further steps .

No Events found!