Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 19th, 2012 23:00

delete tdev from storage group

hi,

after delete a tdev from a storage group belongs to a view, this tdev is still map to ports from which it was define in his view.

is it normal or is there an option ?

did i have to unmap it after delete from the storage group or can iinsert it in another storage group belongs to another view with another port group ? it will fail ?

thanks for your reply

53 Posts

November 20th, 2012 00:00

Hello,

Deleting or removing devices from the storage group DOES NOT unmap it from the port. It will be unmapped only if the "unmap" check box is checked (in SMC) or if the -unmap option was used (in SYMCLI) while removing the device from the storage group.

Now that you have removed the device from the storage group, you can manually unmap it from the FA.

You can add the device to a new masking view without unmapping it from previous port, provided the new masking view is NOT using the same ports. If not, you would get an error message that indicates that the device is already mapped to FA's.

Hope i made it clear.

Thanks and regards,

Roshan Raju.

51 Posts

thanlks a lot for your reply

it's clear.

53 Posts

Glad to know i was helpful. Kindly mark the discussion as answered if so .

Thank you.

859 Posts

November 20th, 2012 01:00

Just to add to Roshan's reply, removing the dev from SG removes the masking information thus stops the host access to the dev. To unmap while removing from SG, use the -unmap option as Roshan said.

regards,

Saurabh

51 Posts

November 20th, 2012 02:00

yes Saurabh

the difference is: if we use ''symsg ..... remove dev...'' there's no option to unmap

we have to use ''symaccess ... remove devs .... -unmap''

regards

110 Posts

November 20th, 2012 03:00

If the devices were removed with “symsg remove dev” command you have to run the symconfigure command file to unmap those devices J

Regards,

Periyakaruppan N (Peri),

No Events found!