• 

274.2K Posts

April 24th, 2017 07:00

vWitness SRDF Metro

Hi all ,

i am trying to locate the download for vWitness SRDF Metro

any ideas on the link as i am unable to locate it

install notes just say the following

Obtain the installation kit for the vWitness instances from EMC Online Support. You need either: l The Solutions Enabler Virtual Appliance (vApp) l The Unisphere for VMAX vApp The virtual appliance runs on the ESX server creating the vWitness instance. Put the OVF archive file (*.ova) in a temporary directory on the system that runs the vSphere Client.

thanks

Taj

14 Posts

May 17th, 2017 23:00

Hi, it's ova se830_22_suse11_x86_64_vapp830_629_OVF10.ova. Deploy configure IPs etc. and connect with http(s) to IP:5480

Would be keen to know if you got it working because with a vWitness.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 24th, 2017 06:00

Hi ,

I have managed to get it working now with the vWitness ,

without any issues and it works fine

thanks

taj

116 Posts

February 28th, 2018 22:00

I was confused what is the requirement for vWitness, Is it suppose to just run solution enabler or we need to have unisphere for VMAX because customer already has a dedicated unisphere for vmax host

vApp host requirements:
* VMware ESX 4.0 or higher

* vApp version must have a SYMCLI version same or higher than SYMCLI version on client SYMCLI nodes where the vWitness definitions are created. see vWitness definition not listing as Alive for details

* Depending on the vApp, the host must meet the following:

– Solution Enabler Virtual Appliance: Single processor; 2 GB of memory; dual disks, with 16 GB of disk space and 5 GB of expandable disk space

– Unisphere for VMAX: Dual core processor, 16 GB of memory, and 120 GB of disk space

121 Posts

March 1st, 2018 09:00

The vWitness requires Solutions Enabler and not Unisphere for VMAX.

No Events found!