Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2016 08:00

Hi Guys, Configure ESXI HOST WITH ISILON AND PRESEN THE NFS MOUNT AS DATASTORE

Hi Guys,

Any one have Complete Documentation on how to Configure the esxi host with the Isilon and How to Present NAS (isilon) STORAGE  to  ESXI HOST.

I tried hard to get the step by step document, but not successfull, if any one of you guys have kindly attach it.

Very Urgent, need to configure one of our esxi host to isilon and present some storage to it.

Regards,

jay

November 22nd, 2016 10:00

We use isilon as nfs storage.

On the isilon, be sure to add your clients(management ips of your esxi hosts) in the protocol, nfs exports list.

Also make note of the path so you can put that into VMware.  When I run into issues for mounting the share it is granting permission to esxi host to the share or not having the folder path correct.

Inside VMware, make sure you give it the folder path.

For example -

Server = isilon.mydomain.edu

Folder = /ifs/VMware/DataStore1

28 Posts

November 22nd, 2016 11:00

Hi Guys,

We do not need any physical Connection between ESXI host and ISILON? IS IT RIGHT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

What i understood is create a DIRECTORY, APPLY QUOTA and CREATE A NFS EXPORT mention client names of esxi hosts.

What about the NIC Cards (Do we need any new Virtual switch with the Port groups) for the Cluster.

Kindly send me the Step by step Procedure from Configuring to add.ing the Datatsore

Regards,

JAY

6 Posts

January 25th, 2021 08:00

Hey Guys, we are considering to use isilon NFS exports presenting to our ESX hosts.   Have you seen any issues, anything "gotcha" moments?    Thanks in advance any info is appreciated. 

No Events found!