Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2013 12:00

Using SRDF with VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.5 TechBook updated

The "Using the SRDF Adapter with VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5" TechBook has been updated and posted to support.emc.com here:

https://support.emc.com/docu38641_Using-the-SRDF-Adapter-for-VMware-Site-Recovery-Manager-5.5.pdf?language=en_US

The TechBook has been updated to cover the SRDF SRA version 5.5, VMware SRM 5.5 and VSI Symmetrix SRA Utilities 5.6. In addition it has been updated to include expanded discussion on certain topics that customers/partner have called out that needed more clarification/explanation as well as some additional troubleshooting information.

Note that the Techbook also covers SRM 5.0 and 5.1 by noting differences when necessary from SRM 5.5 and the respective SRAs.

Symmetrix Support Forum

2.2K Posts

Thanks for posting this Cody. I have used previous versions for SRM deployments and your guide took a lot of the confusion out of the complexity of deploying SRM using SRDF for replication.

286 Posts

You're welcome and thanks--glad to hear it has helped! I spent a lot of time this year soliciting feedback and talking directly to customers, support techs and partners about how I can improve the book and did quite a bit of re-arranging/re-wording and some additions that will hopefully iron out a lot of the remaining issues.

No Events found!