Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 22nd, 2012 21:00

performance charts are disabled. because storage details are unknown

I have enabled stats logging on an array but on the vmware vsi, I am getting this under performance tab

performance charts are disabled, because the storage details are 'unknown'

44 Posts

May 25th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

Could you please first try discovering the array in the VSI->Storage Viewer Home view if you haven't done that and see if it gets well.

199 Posts

May 22nd, 2012 22:00

Normally, we use Unisphere Analyzer to open the NAR files and check performance. I have no idea if this function has been integrated to VSI yet.

25 Posts

May 24th, 2012 05:00

It is hard to know for sure without seeing a screen shot and\or some log files, but my guess would be that the array hasn't been discovered.  VSI is telling you that it can't show performance for the storage, because it doesn't know what the storage is (hence the "storage details are unknown" part).  Have you discovered the array in the VSI->Storage Viewer home view?  What kind of array is it?  Block or file?  Feel free to message me privately with the log files and I'll have a look.

44 Posts

May 25th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

Could you attach the corresponding log file and let us know the spec of your storage array?  We will do investigation based on that.

No Events found!