Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2014 10:00

Adding new server to NFS Export List

We are exporting filesystems at VDM level, I want to add the new server to export list, I know that at physical datamover level we can add this through GUI, But for VDM we have to do it through CLI.

so exported all the file systems seperately to this new server. when i see the output of export list for file system.....it's showing as..

rw=newserver access=newserver root=newserver rw=oldservers access=oldservers root=oldservers

why the new server and the old servers are displaying seperately.

I expect output as

rw=newserver,oldservers access=newserver,oldservers root=newserver,oldservers

Do i have to unexport everything and do export again to get the result as i expected.

Thanks

275 Posts

April 1st, 2014 11:00

You should try the -ignore option of the command line

Also look at /nas/log/cmd_log file on the. Control Station to get an idea of the commands that Unishpere creates

Claude

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 1st, 2014 13:00

can you provide the command you are using from CLI

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

April 1st, 2014 13:00

[nasadmin@emcn1vsacs1 ~]$ server_export vdm01 -option access=test1.local.company,root=test1.local.company /fs01

vdm01 : done

[nasadmin@emcn1vsacs1 ~]$ server_export vdm01 -option access=test1.local.company:test2.local.company,root=test1.local.company:test2.local.company /fs01

these commands will generate this output

[nasadmin@emcn1vsacs1 ~]$ server_export vdm01 -l

vdm01 :

export "/fs01" access=test1.local.company:test2.local.company root=test1.local.company:test2.local.company access=test1.local.company root=test1.local.company

so to add a host test2 to an existing export you would:

[nasadmin@emcn1vsacs1 ~]$ server_export vdm01 -ignore -option access=test1.local.company:test2.local.company,root=test1.local.company:test2.local.company /fs01

[nasadmin@emcn1vsacs1 ~]$ server_export vdm01 -l

vdm01 :

export "/fs01" access=test1.local.company:test2.local.company root=test1.local.company:test2.local.company

22 Posts

April 1st, 2014 14:00

Thank you everyone for your time. Appreciate everyone for your response.

Thank you dynamox. Learned a lot of things from you in this community.

No Events found!