Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2013 23:00

Best way to integrate with EMC storage

I want to know what is the best way to integrate with EMC storage. So basically I need information like what APIs are available for various EMC storage offerings and is there a single suite of API against which I can develop my integration. If yes are there any useful links that can be shared.?

4 Posts

July 15th, 2013 23:00

Thanks for the info

July 15th, 2013 23:00

viresh,

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time. 

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select the subspace which would be the most relevant for this question.

To answer your question (and will also dictate where you end up relocating this post to), I would recommend starting your search in the following Developer community.

https://community.emc.com/community/edn

You can refine your search based on the hardware (or software) you own as each has their own API:

https://community.emc.com/community/edn/places

377 Posts

July 16th, 2013 12:00

Are you specifically interested in integrating Documentum with EMC Storage?

If yes, then EMC offers an out of the box integration between Documentum and Centera and Atmos.  The integration is available in Documentum Content Storage Services, part of the Documentum Platform Extensions product.  Please contact your EMC sales person if you don't have this product.

If you're not asking about Documentum integration, then this is not the correct community for your question.  A full list of Storage related communities is available at https://community.emc.com/community/by-category/storage.  Please move this discussion to the relevant location.

4 Posts

July 17th, 2013 00:00

Actually can anybody tell me are there any alternatives available to Navisphere CLI to talk to VNX storage. I dont want to use the UI. I need to write an integration using some API to talk to EMC VNX.

8.6K Posts

July 17th, 2013 01:00

What specifically do you want to do ?

What is the reason for not wanting to use navicli ?

4 Posts

July 17th, 2013 02:00

I want to write a client which can provision luns and cifs/nfs shares on VNX. SO I want to know if Navisphere is the only way to do it programmatically or are there other alternatives present as well. I know one can use Unisphere as well but I have to do it programmatically.

8.6K Posts

August 12th, 2013 10:00

Hi,

there are a couple of options - it depends on your choice or platform and your programming experience as well as what you want to do.

For the VNX platform you will find that the block side (disks, raidgroups, LUNs, pools,...) are handled by different API's than the file side (file systems, NFS exports, CIFS shares, ....)

For the block side your choices are:

- UniSphere CLI - this is a remote CLI that you install on a Windows or Linux server and that sends the commands to create LUNs, ... to the VNX via TCP/IP

- SMI-S - that is also installed on extra server

If the block side is already setup and that there is space in the pools configured for the file side the choices you have:

- ssh into the control stations and use the VNX file CLI - like for example server_export to create a NFS / CIFS share

- VNX file XML API

For some functionality there are other integration points - for example the EMC Storage Integrator for Windows includes PowerShell commandlets - they do not do NFS management though

Rainer

October 25th, 2013 05:00

testrest

No Events found!