Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2011 14:00

CIFS Error to create a Shared folder server - vnxe3100

Hi, I try to create a Shared Folder server for CIFS, but i have always an error : Unable to locate any Domain Controller in the Active Directory domain. (Error Code:0x60008c5).

For information : I have a Domain Controller Windows 2008 R2.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

August 29th, 2011 14:00

I think that i found the solution primus emc263712, i must configure the routing between the SP Controller and the my Domain networking.

http://knowledgebase.emc.com/emcice/documentDisplay.do?docType=1006&clusterName=DefaultCluster&resultType=5002&groupId=1&page=&docProp=$solution_id&docPropValue=emc263712&passedTitle=null

Thx.

1 Message

March 4th, 2013 16:00

I'm having the same issue, but I cannot access the linked document (emc263712.) It asks for a username and password, despite my best efforts, it will not allow me to login. Can anyone assist?

467 Posts

March 4th, 2013 21:00

Went ahead and pulled the article he's talking about.. The basic long and short of it is the datamover can't talk to the domain controler for some reason.

Alert: Failed to connect to the Windows Domain Controller"

spacer
spacerspacerspacer
ID:emc263712
Usage:2
Date Created:03/04/2011
Last Modified:05/23/2011
Audience:Customer
Knowledgebase Solution
Environment:Product: VNXe Series
Environment:Product: VNXe3300
Environment:Product: VNXe3100
Problem:Failed to connect to the Windows Domain Controller
Fix:

Your storage system cannot connect to the Windows Domain Controller. Try the following to diagnose the problem:

1. Verify that the network cabling and configuration are correct.
  2. Click Settings > Shared Folder Server Settings. Select a server and click Details.Verify that the domain names, DNS server,  IP address, subnet mask, and gateway settings are correct for the Shared Folder servers.
  3. Now click Show Advanced. Verify you are on the correct VLAN.
  4. Click Settings > More Configuration > Routing Configuration to ping the Domain Controller from the storage processor.
  5. Check the Domain Controller for the correct credentials.

If none of these actions help identify the source of the problem, go to EMC Online Support. For details about the support options, go to the Supportpage.

No Events found!