Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2010 03:00

CX3 factory reset

I require some help please.

I have a CX3 system at work that was used as a training system. The person who set it up no longer works for my company.

How do I get access to the system? I have managed to connect to the tech port on 128.221.1.250 but it asking for a username and passed.

I have tried the default (admin/password) but it doesn't work. Is there a way to reset?

Thanks

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

August 25th, 2010 03:00

Try clariion/clariion!

August 25th, 2010 19:00

Thanks but that didn't work.

I have now discovered the main IP address but I still need a username and password. The same for the /setup page.

Is there a tool that can reset the details?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

August 25th, 2010 20:00

II.

DIRECTIONS FOR PPP CONNECTION FOR XP

You can use this to run EMCRemote into SP as well.

To set up the direct serial port connection to the array follow these steps: 

Note: Remote Access Services and Network and Dial-Up Settings are  installed by default during the initial installation of Windows 2000.

Follow these steps:

1. Select Start -> Settings -> Network connections -> New connection wizard
  2. When the Network Connection Wizard starts, click Next to begin.
  3. Select "Set up and advanced connection" ->Next->" Connect directly to another computer" button and click Next.
  4. Click the Guest button.
  5. Click Next.  Name the connection (whatever you would like), Click Next.
  6. On the Select a Device pull down menu, select Communications between  two computers (COM1) or select COM2 if the cable is connected to COM2  and click Next.
  7. On Connection Availability window, select "Anyone's use."
  8. Click Next.
  9. Click Finish.
  10. The Connect dialog box with the name that you assigned to it displays (prompting with user name and password fields).
  11. Click the Properties button.
  12. In the Properties dialog box under the General tab make sure COM1 or  COM2 (if connected to it) and click the Configure button (enable  hardware flow control should be checked).
  13. In the Modem Configuration dialog box click the Maximum Speed pull  down menu and select 115200 bps. Click OK to close the Modem  Configuration dialog box.  

If prompted for flow control..Flow Control: None (verify that Autodetect and ANSI are selected for terminal emulation)

** Flow control is hardware, and data bits is 8, Parity None, Stop bits 1...This is for HyperTerminal 

Note:  Verify that the computer or Service Laptop is correctly  configured to receive the IP address from the FC4700 array. Click the  Networking tab of the Properties dialog box, highlight Internet Protocol  (TCP/IP) and click Properties.  Under the General tab verify that the  Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address  automatically buttons are both selected.  Click Cancel to back out of  that menu or click OK to accept any changes that you have made.
  14. Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
  15. In the User name field enter the following: clariion.
  16. In the Password field enter the following: clariion!.
  17. Check the Save Password check box to save the password. 

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

August 25th, 2010 20:00

"How to log in to a Navisphere 6 domain if you forget your password"
spacer

spacerspacerspacer
ID:emc55746
Usage:611
Date Created:08/06/2002
Last Modified:03/31/2010
Audience:Customer
Knowledgebase Solution

Question:How to log in to a Navisphere 6 domain if you forget your password
Question:How to reset the Navisphere User Interface (UI) password if lost or forgotten.
Question:How to recover a lost password on a CX3-series, CX-series, AX4-5 series or FC4700 array
Environment:Product: CLARiiON CX Series
Environment:Product: CLARiiON CX3-series
Environment:Product: CLARiiON FC4700
Environment:Product: CLARiiON AX4-5 series
Environment:This statement does not apply: EMC SW: Navisphere Express
Environment:EMC SW: Navisphere Manager 6.x
Problem:Forgot password for Navisphere 6 domain and cannot log on.
Problem:Need to reset security because password was forgotten.
Problem:Lost password for CX-Series, CX3 series, or AX4-5 series storage system
Fix:You must use a serial connection for the following procedure to work: 
  1. Establish a PPP connection to one of the storage processors (SPs).
  2. Point your browser to this URL: http:// 192.168.1.1/setup
  3. Click "Add a New Account."
  4. Enter a user name and in the New Password Verification text box, type in the password again.
  5. Click "Restart Management Server."

Note: You may need to restart Management Server on both SPs.
  6. Point your browser to this URL: http:// <IP_address_ of _SP>
  7. Log in to domain using the newly-set username and password.

Note: You also have the option of completely resetting domain security.  However, if you select this option, you will destroy ALL domain  information, including domain information for the master, other arrays,  and portals. If you decide to reset domain security, replace Step 3 with  the following:

Click "Reset Security" and confirm.  (You must reset security on both SPs.)

Then perform all other steps as described.

Note: If the procedure does not work, connect to the master SP and re-run Steps 1 to 7.

Notes: If the AX4-5 storage system is running Navisphere Express, this solution does not apply.

spacer

August 25th, 2010 21:00

SWEET!!!!!

Thanks dude, that worked. I have managed to create a new account and set the IP addresses and now have complete access.

Thanks once again.

33 Posts

April 26th, 2011 05:00

Help! I have tried to establish the PPP connection as described above but when I try to connect it gives me a username/password error. Any ideas please.

28 Posts

November 14th, 2011 00:00

For the AX4-5FX storage system is running Navisphere Express, what is the solution to set the IP address (or factory reset) of SPA/SPB.

Regards,

Masud

1.4K Posts

November 16th, 2012 20:00

You can change IP address by going to setup page itself.

Refer KB Article dynamox has mentioned above to setup a PPP Connection and go to setup page for it.

No Events found!