Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2009 03:00

CX500 SP Replacement Help

Hello

I have a CX500 SP with a faulty fibre port and I am trying to replace SP A with a new one I have purchased.

The system is on and operational. I have read the only instructions I can find in the CX500 DPE2 Hardware reference. This say remove cables, physically unisnstall the SP and slide in the new one and wait for the light to go green. It could not be simpler!

My status light never goes green, it just stays flashing orange every second. From SPB SPA says unmanaged and I am unable to ping the IP address that SP A should have.

I would really appreciate any help. Is the new SP broken? or is there more to the process.

Another thing I noticed and thought strange was that when I removed SPA several of the disks in one of the trays had fault lights come on and it looked like they had been removed from the system. This suggests to me the SP cannot just be removed.

Many Thanks

Steve

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 6th, 2010 01:00

Hi,

SP replacement procedure is fairly straight forward. You are doing right. There are a few options:

1- New SP may be bad (I had this before)

2- The image of flare code on vault drives can be damaged.

The best thing you can do is to capture the boot screen via serial connection to the SP and work on it

Good luck

No Events found!