Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2009 22:00

Celerra XML API

I am trying to understand the XML APIs feature provided for Celerra management. I have the following doubts regarding the same.

- In the XML API guide, there are formats for requests and responses given. However, there is no information on how these information can be posted. Will the client applications have to make the HTTP post requests themselves. I basically want to know if there are any APIs already available that will accept the xml request and send the HTTP post query on behalf of the client applications.

- Do the XML APIs provide all the information that CLIs provide. Is there any such information that is given by the CLI but not by the XML api.

31 Posts

November 10th, 2009 22:00

Client applications are expected to compose, send, receive and interpret the XML messages themselves.  We do not at this stage supply any client side SDK or API to wrap this process.  The advantage of this is that the APi is client side OS and language independent, the downside is that it takes a little more to get started. 

There is information available via the Celerra Control Station GUI (Celerra Manager) and CLI that is not available through the XML API.   I've neer seen a list of the differences between the two.  I'll ask but I think the most reliable approach is simply to read both the feature specific documentation (good for understanding the feature anyway) and compare that to what the XML API offers in each case.

Cheers,

Chris

17 Posts

November 12th, 2009 22:00

I am trying to run some CLI commands on the Celerra simulator. The cls_fs command is giving the following error.

Error 2211: localhost : invalid id specified

I am running the command in the following format - cel_fs localhost -list.

Can you please let me know what the problem is?

Also, can i check XML APIs with Celerra simulator?

17 Posts

March 3rd, 2010 23:00

Need some more clarification w.r.t invocation of XML APIs. I am using the client application code that was posted in the developer community for invoking the Celerra XML APIs. Are there any known issues w.r.t issuing multiple API calls simultaneously? I am seeing that some calls don't return any data and hang if multiple calls are made simultaneously. Could this be an issue in the sample client code?

January 25th, 2011 06:00

Hye!!

I begin with Celerra XML API so I'm looking for documents about it.

Where can I find this client application? Do you have the link to?

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 25th, 2011 07:00

you can find additional information and collateral XML API in the Unified Storage Developers Network at https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-4094

January 26th, 2011 04:00

Thanks!!

But have you got examples of HTML page used this API??

Because I don't understand all the function of this application!!

No Events found!