Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 1st, 2010 21:00

Clariion CX600

I need to configure an EMC CLARiiON CX600, but I have no software anyone can tell me how to get it?
and I have the product registered in the powerlink website, what should I do?

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

November 5th, 2010 04:00

emc60740 discribes the CX600:

GoalUnsecured statementWhy doesn't CX600 does not boot up when initially installed but instead keeps rebooting unsuccessfully?
FactUnsecured statementProduct: CLARiiON CX600
FactUnsecured statementProduct: CLARiiON CX400
FactUnsecured statementProduct: CLARiiON CX200
SymptomUnsecured statementCX600 does not boot up when initially installed but instead keeps rebooting unsuccessfully.
SymptomUnsecured statementError Code : 0x00000214
Failing Device: BIOS ROM
FRU: STORAGE PROCESSOR
Description: Data Directory Boot Service Failed Error!
SymptomUnsecured statementint13 - READ FAILED (2) : error code 0x00000187
Number of Sectors = 0x01
LBA: 0x00000000
SymptomUnsecured statementError Code : 0x00000187
Failing Device: BIOS ROM
FRU: STORAGE PROCESSOR
Description: Disk not logged in Error!
Target ID: 0x00
CauseUnsecured statement
  • CX-Series array has no boot disks or they were moved.

OR

• Some arrays were shipped with no operating system (OS) loaded.
FixUnsecured statementThe DPE2 OS chassis has an OS sticker somewhere on the chassis.  If this array was shipped without a chassis, ensure that the OS chassis is set for bus 0 chassis 0 and is powered by the standby power supply (SPS).  If no code was loaded in manufacturing, new boot disks must be ordered from manufacturing.  Contact EMC CLARiiON Technical Support Level 2 for assistance.

If one SP boots properly but the other gets the above message in HyperTerminal, replace the cabling from the SP to the DAE-OS. If it still fails, try the LCC card on the DAE-OS.

Note: Wait long enough for the problem SP to boot as it can take as long as an hour to come up.

Hope this helps.

So if you did everything as described, I'm affraid you'll have to order your first 5 drives to be reimaged or get these drives elsewhere.

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

November 2nd, 2010 00:00

Do the first 5 drives still contain the FLARE operating system ?

• If not, you need help from EMC and have these 5 drives reimaged again. There's no way you can do this yourself.
  • If the CX still boots, you can connect to it over a serial cable and open a PPP connection to 192.168.1.1 and start configuring the Array, including ip addresses.

So where do you stand now ?

5 Posts

November 3rd, 2010 08:00

I was doing several tests, I could not get cable db9, I hope to have tomorrow.
where I can download the Navisphere?

Escuchar
Leer fonéticamente

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

November 4th, 2010 04:00

Navisphere Manager runs on both storage processors, so you don't need to download / install this anywhere. Simply go to http:// of SPA or SPB> and that's it.

790 Posts

November 4th, 2010 05:00

This discussion has been moved to the Unified Storage community where it should get a broader audience.

5 Posts

November 4th, 2010 10:00

when trying to connect to the RS232 port, displays the following error:
checking username and password...
Eror 721: remote computer did not respond

any idea what could be wrong?

I connect with hyperterminal and shows me this

El mensaje fue editado por: JoelGav

1 Attachment

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

Check out Primus emc139286

GoalUnsecured statementWhat is the meaning of ErrorCode: 0x0000018F?
FactUnsecured statementProduct: CLARiiON CX3-20
FactUnsecured statementProduct: CLARiiON CX3-40
FactUnsecured statementProduct: CLARiiON CX3-80
SymptomUnsecured statementStorage processor fails to boot properly.  May be in a constant (rolling) reboot condition.
SymptomUnsecured statementErrorCode: 0x0000018F, Description: Data Directory Boot Service Not Loaded Error!" observed in the serial output screen.
ChangeUnsecured statementVault location (000, 001, 002) drives either replaced or swapped with other drives.
CauseUnsecured statement

During the boot process, the Data Directory Boot Service (DDBS) is unreadable and prevents access to the storage processor operating system image.  This normally indicates a backend issue (drive, loop, cable, enclosure, etc.) and not a corrupted image.  Under specific and rare circumstances, the DDBS image may have become corrupt due to a rebuild issue.

The following versions of FLARE have the potential for this DDBS partition not to rebuild properly:

• CX3-20 03.22.020.5.00x 
  • CX3-40 03.22.040.5.00x 
  • CX3-80 03.22.080.5.00x
FixUnsecured statementCheck for backend bus issues such as bus speed differences or other items such as drive, cabling or enclosure issues related to the boot drives.

If only one SP is in a 'rolling' reboot condition, DO NOT attempt to reboot the peer SP.  See solution
emc139469 for information on how to fix a single SP 'rolling' reboot condition. 

If both SPs are in a 'rolling' reboot condition, contact CLARiiON TS2 for support.  Engineering involvement will be required and a procedure provided at that time.

The following Release 22 code does not have the issue as described in solution emc139469:

• CX3-20  - 03.22.020.5.505 or 506
  • CX3-40  - 03.22.040.5.505 or 506
  • CX3-80  - 03.22.080.5.505 or 506

Upgrade the array to FLARE Release 22 Patch .505 or Patch .506 to resolve the issue.

NoteUnsecured statement
The commands (nduloadbios) described in Step 2 of emc139285 can be run at any time with no adverse effects. If you are not sure if an array is affected by the issue described in emc139469, you can run these commands even if they may have been run previously.  Since they do not require a reboot to take effect, they can be run at any time.  To verify that the commands were run, you can check the kt_std file shortly after executing the commands.  Look for a line entry prefixed with "FW_DL."  So if you have SPcollect data from the array taken some time after the commands were run, these entries would be in the ktrace data, assuming the tracing hadn't already wrapped over them.

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

So Hyperterminal over RS232 ? If you can see some boot sequence, at least the cable is ok.

Hmmmmm. an error like "Data Directory Boot Service Not Loaded Error!"  doesn't sound good.

I wonder if this could be a msg from the hardware saying it's missing the Operating System. And if that's the case, you need to have the first 5 drives reimaged. Let me check if I can find anything on Primus.

5 Posts

November 5th, 2010 08:00

With  your help I on the right track, I could determine which are the first 5  drives and put them right, the SP left me without any alarm.
The drive 9 shows me a alarm, not how important is this.
but  still I can not do PPP connection, follow this guide I found to make  the connection but does not work, https: / /  community.emc.com/thread/109402 not know if it's because I am working  from a windows xp virtual Windows 7 because since I could not find how to make the PPP connection for the serial cable

5 Posts

November 5th, 2010 09:00

I was able to solve the connectivity problem and begin configuration.
Thanks RRR.

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

November 11th, 2010 00:00

I'm glad it worked out for you !

No Events found!