Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 28th, 2015 04:00

Clean Fault condition

Hi, this is my problem:

My customer have two VNX 5300 with 4 DAEs. My job was to add one more DAE to each storage.

For this task I used USM. In the first VNX everything ran ok, the new DAE was installed without troubles.

In the second storage, I conected one SAS cable to the last enclosure (bus 0) and the second SAS cable, by mistake, in  another enclosure (bus 1). Inmediately I saw the error and I corrected it but at this time the Unisphere had already detected two new enclosures, one per bus.

In Unisphere, the real enclosure appear with “Fault” and the other “phantom” enclosure appear like “Missing”.

I want to clean this conditions but I don´t know how to do it.

I apreciate any help.

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

January 31st, 2015 04:00

What alerts are displayed ? Do any components have a fault led lit  ?

Can you paste up the out out of a getcrus ?

naviseccli -h arrayspaddress getcrus -all

If there's no component failure, check and reseat your lcc cables.

Then remove and reinstall the DAE (as you've described) and finally, if required, reboot the SP's. (make sure your multipathing status is all good)

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

did you try to restart Unisphere Management server (http://spa/setup)

8 Posts

I will try...thank!!

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

Restarting the management server on each SP should clear them

Https://spaipaddress/setup

scroll down to "Restart Management Server" and execute. Wait 10mins, verify it's ok then do same for spb

edit : beaten by Dynamox

8 Posts

January 31st, 2015 03:00

Well, I did the "Restart Management Server" in each SP...

The "phantom" enclosure that I told you disappeared, but the "F" in my new enclosure is remaining.

I am thinking turn of this DAE, to do a new "Restart Management Server" and reinstall it. Remember that the DAE is new and all its disks are Unbound.

Reboot SP is an option?

What do you think?

Best regards!!

8 Posts

January 31st, 2015 05:00

Thank for response Brett@S!!

The nexts days I´ll try to do it and comunicate results.

Thank again!!

8 Posts

February 3rd, 2015 15:00

Eureka!!

I detached the DAE, then rebooted SP´s. At this point the fault dissapeared. After that I reintalled the DAE using USM (and cabling in right way) and everything ran ok.

Thank a lot, Brett@s and dynamox!!!

javier

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

February 3rd, 2015 20:00

You're welcome, and thanks for the update

1 Message

March 17th, 2015 03:00

1. From the Manager Station perform the following steps:
  2. Verify that the removed DAE is faulted and there are no other issues on the array.  Make sure all other DAEs are working  and there are no other errors.
  3. Run the following commands:

Naviseccli –h <IP_address_of_SP-A> remoteconfig –messner –stop   (stops the K10 Governor)

Naviseccli –h <IP_address_of_SP_B> remoteconfig –messner -stop
  4. Enter the following URL from Internet Explorer: IP_address_SP-A/setup
  5. Restart the Management Server and answer Yes to the Restart CIMOM prompt.
  6. Repeat Steps C and D on SP-B.
  7. Close Navisphere Manager on the Management Station.

G. Restart Navisphere Manager to verify faults are cleared and event logs are not logging any unknown errors.

1 Message

September 6th, 2016 12:00

i am having a similiar issue. When i try the above command, i hget http/1.1 405 metho not allowed

4.5K Posts

September 8th, 2016 09:00

the commands in step #3 should not be used - these can cause the SP to reboot. If you have a DAE still showing in Unisphere, then the other steps should help to remove it. You may need to reboot the Storage Processors (SP's).

glen

No Events found!