Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

April 15th, 2011 04:00

Common Criteria certification for Unified platforms

Hi all,

I have seen in http://www.emc.com/products/external-security-validation.htm a list with "current" and "in progress" certifications for EMC products. About Unified Storage, I see FLARE 3.24, FLARE 4.29 as current and FLARE 5.31 as "in progress". Similar for DART: 5.5 and 5.6 as current and 7.0 as "in progress".

Does any body know if FLARE 4.30 and DART 6.0 is going to be certificated? If affirmative, is there any stimated data to be certified?

Thanks.

Regards,

Javier

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 18th, 2011 06:00

Javier

there are no plans to certify Flare 30 or DART 6.0. The certification process is lengthy so our approach has been to certify only one software release with each product family. So for example the CX4 family of arrays was certified with Flare 29. Since we do not make any major changes to the architecture of the system with subsequent software releases on a platform the security claims do not change and we are able to "grandfather" the certification. This means that when we sell a CX4 with R30 it is considered certified.

This has not been a problem with US Federal sales where Common Criteria Certification is a mandatory purchasing requirement.

We are in the process of getting the VNX family certified. All of the work and testing has been done - we are now waiting on the Test Lab to finish their review and publish the certificate.

Hope this helps

Mike Lenaghan

VNX Product Management

4 Posts

April 26th, 2011 06:00

Thanks Mike. Can I assume the same case for DART 6.0 as DART 5.6 is certified?

Regards,

Javier

No Events found!