Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2015 12:00

Create Storage Pool Problem - Raid6 (6+2) NL SAS available drives not showing up

---------------------------------------------------------

(Qty 16 - NL SAS 2TB Drives)

Qty 14, Location - Bus 0 Enclosure 4 Disks 1-14

Qty 1, Location - Bus 4 Enclosure 4 Disk 14

Qty 1, Location - Bus 6 Enclosure 1 Disk 14

----------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to create two new Storage Pools using sixteen NL SAS drives with Raid6 (6+2). I can create one pool without any problems but when i try to create the second pool, the available disks only shows seven drives, the drive in Bus 6 Enclosure 1 Disk 14 is not visible in the Available Disks. My dilema is I can't create a seond Raid6 (6+2) Storage pool with the absense of the eighth disk. Can anyone help me understand what is preventing me from seeing all my disks? Is it a location issue? I didn't think it mattered the location of the drives anymore.

I will mention one possibility. To make room for the drives, I had to unbind and remove a hot spare that was 1TB in location Bus 6 Enclosure 1 Disk 14. Replacing this with one of our new NL SAS 2TB drives. The array sees the new drive and it is presented as expected, unbound. So I am unsure if this has anything to do with my Storage Pool Creation and not seeing the drive.

Looking for feedback or something useful to resolve my problem.

Thank You

30 Posts

May 14th, 2015 13:00

No, it isn't listed when choosing Manual or Automatic. That drive is MIA. However, I can see it in the list of disks under hardware, it shows up normal as unbound. So it is there but not showing up when trying to create the Pool.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

May 14th, 2015 13:00

it is different capacity then the other drives. When you select "Manual" while picking drives ..is that drive listed ?

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

May 14th, 2015 22:00

Try creating the Pool using naviseccli. If there's an error/issue, you'll likely get some more verbose error output to work with.

4.5K Posts

May 15th, 2015 12:00

Try Restarting the Management Server on both SP's - sometimes the GUI interface is not updated

glen

No Events found!