Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 11th, 2016 04:00

Disk Service Time Spike Daily @ 13:35

I was able to pin it down to a Full collection from Netapp OCI.

195 Posts

April 11th, 2016 06:00

You should concentrate on commonalities.  I'll ask if they are all FC for instance.

If so I'll offer the anecdote that Brocade Fabric Manager has a feature of being able to run a 'health check' policy on a daily schedule, and it is possible to have it check the health of the environment so aggressively that it impacts service to the hosts.

I'm offering that as an example of rather than a specific suggested cause.

If you are an ESX environment it might also be something like a scripted cluster level rescan for storage changes.

Do you have any external confirmation of the issue, other than the reports...because it could even be an issue in the reporting mechanism, rather than a real issue.

1.2K Posts

April 11th, 2016 07:00

Along these lines, see if there's something "backup related" occurring here.  After upgrading to Avamar 7.2, we've noted the VMware Proxy Deployment Manager drives up the service time on LUNs when it scans the datastores.  This scan allows Avamar to compute the number of proxies required to back up VMs in the allotted backup window.  I think the current 7.2 GA fixes this performance spike.

No Events found!