Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2014 04:00

EMC CX3-40C board led

Hi There,

I turn on my EMC CX3-40C and the boot sequence looks ok but on the rear panel o the right side in the SP have 2 little LEDs and that LED is AMBER on, is this beacuse the system have fault

I'm not talk about the fail led but the leds you can see in the board... i think this is I/O module fault but I'm not sure.

thanks

F

June 27th, 2014 06:00

This can be check with the help of SP collects, I would suggest you to open service request and get the logs investigated.

24 Posts

June 28th, 2014 07:00

Thanks Suman for you prompt response,

I bought this machine on Ebay, all the equipment that I bought was from a different vendors on E-bay

They don't know if the device is working properly, they did just a energy test, they thought yes the device is working properly.

I bought this server for my Home Lab, I need to study about Storage and looking forward to implement my FailOver Cluster with this DELL EMC SPE...  I do not know very well about this kind of storage...  I'm not sure if I can open a service request, I think they will charge me and that is just my home lab.

I searched some information on the Internet and  I found something like  boot and flashing leds when the device is booting, and my boot sequence seems works fine, but as I said in my previous email seems that the unit  follow the boot sequence   and then starts again (Loop) looks like the SPE looks for something or waiting for something then restart, I tried to access the SPE over the network with Navisphere initi... but the software don't found the SPE Network configuration,

However, I still have not received the Caddy, Interpose and also the SFP cable to connect the 4PDAE-DE to the CX3-40C, just I'm trying to manage the CX3  without another device just to check the configuration and check if everything is working fine, I got the SPE around one week ago.

how can I access the SPE to verify the boot sequence and see what is the problem? If the device came with another neteork configuration how I can access the SPE and change that configuration?  maybe you have some glue how to check  if the integrity of hardware is preserved and is working?

thank you very much

Frank

Community Manager

• 

7.1K Posts

July 22nd, 2014 20:00

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your question.

I want to tell you that here is VNXe space. You asked CX3-40C is belongs to CLARiiON space. I recommended you to create a new thread for your issue on CLARiiON space. Please click here to transfer to CLARiiON space.

CLARiiON Support Forum

Thank you.

No Events found!