Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2015 02:00

EMC PowerPath cannot see the HBA devices

Hello guys,

I have problems with EMC PowerPath. I have installed PowerPath on Windows Server 2012 R2 box, the EMC PowerPath version is 5.7 SP4. I didn't have any problem with the installation. It was strange because I couldn't see the device list on PowerPath console. After, I registered manually the initiators without any problems, I created the storage group for this host and I assigned the host to this group also.

All list on PowerPath is empty. I think that is a problem on EMC PowerPath software, Could somebody help me, please?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings!!

1.2K Posts

November 13th, 2015 07:00

Though you didn't mention it in your steps above, did you assign any LUNs to this host group?

If you did, your steps should be as follows:

1) run Device Scan in Computer Management

2) run "powermt config dev=all" from the CLI or Rescan within the PowerPath Administration MMC Snap-in

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

3 Posts

November 16th, 2015 00:00

Hello Karl,

Yes, I assigned a LUN to this host group.

1) I did it and restarted the server also.

2) I cannot run "powermt config dev=all", this command are not available.

Greetings!!

4.5K Posts

November 16th, 2015 08:00

Are you seeing the LUNs in the Device Manager?

glen

3 Posts

November 17th, 2015 00:00

Hi guys,

Yesterday, I spoke with my reseller. We uninstalled the trial version and intalled the production version. Now it's working. Then my question is: Why does EMC release software that doesn't work?. Whats the difference between tris release and trial release?

Thanks.

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 17 nov 2015, a las 4:38, kelleg > escribió:

ECN

EMC PowerPath cannot see the HBA devices

reply from glen in VNX - View the full discussion

4.5K Posts

November 18th, 2015 09:00

As far as I know the trial versions should work. There is a specific forum just for PowerPath - you might try posting your question on that forum.

http://https://community.emc.com/community/products/powerpath

glen

No Events found!