Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

December 1st, 2010 13:00

EMC Unified Storage Plug-in for VMWare - Support

Wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction to get some support on this plugin.

I called into EMC support and they really dont know what to do with it.  they keep trying to kick it back to vmware.

Basicly, i created some NFS datastores and compressed some of the VM's in those datastores using the plugin.  i have a compress job that is stuck, it's been running for several days with no way to cancel it.

i think it is effecting my performance to NFS datastores.  Several of the other VM's compressed fine.

I just need to figure out how to CANCEL this task that is "In Proress"

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 1st, 2010 14:00

Hello, Robert...

Can you please email the EMC Customer Support case# to me offline?

doc@emc.com

I'd like to understand more about the problem and see if we can get this resolved for you.

Kind regards,

-- Doc

13 Posts

December 1st, 2010 15:00

Robert,

I'm sure we'll be able to help you get this resolved.  I've sent your note on to my engineers who I expect will be able to give you instructions on how to clear this up.  They will probably ask you to send the plug-in log file.  The online trouble shooting help should have information on where to find that file.

Be back to you soon.

Eric

13 Posts

December 1st, 2010 16:00

Robert,

Spoke with one of my engineers he tells me you have an orphaned task because you likely closed the vCenter client before the compression task completed.  The way to clear this up is to restart your vCenter server process.  To remove a stuck task you need to restart your VMware vCenter Server or restart the VMware vCenter Server services.  Here's a link that tells you how to do this.  http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1003895

Let us know how this worked out.

Eric

No Events found!