Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 2nd, 2014 06:00

EMC VNX 5200 Unified - Control station not accessable

Hey guys

Some weekes ago i've installed a VNX 5200 Unified system on our company site. Everything went well and all was green. A colleague of mine shipped the system to the customer side and started the machine and now i am not able to access the mgmt port of the Control Station.

I am able to go to the SP A and B direct or via Mgmt Port of the control station but not direct to the IP of the Control Station. I already restarted the machine and if i try to login with my global account on the SPs i get in but got the message that eather:

1) certificate not accepted

2) Both Storage SPs or Control Station not accessale

If i type in the address of the control station i get a white blank page. I am not able to login with nasadmin cause i can not connect to the control station.

Second i have to change the default gatway and subnet mask ot the machine (control station and SPs) is there a way to do that. I found a document where i have to connect via serial cable. Is there no other way to do this?

Third, wthat are the account predefined on the VNX and the passwor?

- sysadmin

-nasadmin

And is there a root? thought there is a third

best regards and all the best

Michael

8.6K Posts

April 3rd, 2014 08:00

Well – if you cannot connect using IP then you need to use the serial cable

It think its easiest if you work directly with support via service request for live chat

208 Posts

May 13th, 2014 06:00

I will do this! Thank you Rainer.

Best regards

208 Posts

June 5th, 2014 06:00

Well guys i am standing right now in front of the VNX. I rebooted the data mover and the control station via serial putty and i am still  not able to connect to the ip address of the controll station. But i am able to connect tp the ip address of the SPs threw the port of the CS......

In the dashboard there is the following message:

Severity : Warning

System : XY

Domain : Local

Created : Jun 5, 2014 3:49:30 PM

Message : Logging into IP of SPA (here was the ip of spa) encountered an error.

Full Description : An error occurred during the login process. The control station did not log in properly.

Recommended Action : The login error may have occurred because:

1. Certificates are not accepted.

2. Both storage processors or the control station are not accessible.

3. You have logged in to a File or Block system using a local user account not defined on both the File and Block systems.

Event Code : 0xfffffffffffffff9

I am not able to reboot the SPs at the moment because the block part is already active and serving data. I do not have the time to verify multipathing fuctions right now.

Do you think it is necessary to reboot the SPs to get it to work again? I worked before we shipped the system to the customer.

Best regards and all the best

208 Posts

June 12th, 2014 05:00

Hi Rainer

You've deleted your first respones. Do you think this issue is not related to your suggestion?

Thank you

PS: I already had a short chat with an EMC employee but he is not quite sure what the cause of this is.

Best regards

8.6K Posts

June 12th, 2014 07:00

I didnt delete anything

June 17th, 2014 02:00

Did you check Management Station connectivity ? Could be issue with that to CS ....

3 Posts

June 26th, 2014 06:00

If you can access the SP ip over CS network i doubt any issues with CS or its network port.

i strongly suspect incorrect IP address used - (Verify with the PING over the network).

Verify Support material collected after initialization.

Let me know if youve already figured out and how ? 

2 Posts

August 22nd, 2023 05:26

I have the same problem

• 

8.7K Posts

22-08-2023 13:03 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

Was this working previously? Were there any changes to the setup? Which OE version are you on?

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Josh #Iwork4Dell

Thanks,

Josh

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Mark as Accepted Answer’. ‘Thumbs up’ the posts you like!

#Iwork4Dell

No Events found!