homevol0\home00\user3

etc

Here,

homevol0 is the file system  with size 1 TB

home00 is the tree quota enabled sub directory with limit 200GB

user1,user2,user3 etc are user folders

All these users needs different user quota limit

Here what I did as a test :

1. Removed default user quota limit from FS (now it  will work as unlimited user limit )

Now, when I am trying to setup user quota for user1 as 100MB(soft) and 200MB(hard) limit on tree quota enabled directory home00, it is allowing me to create, but limit is not working.I am able to save a 400MB file

2.Set the default user limit as 25MB(soft) and 50MB(hard)

Setup the same user1 with same quota limits (100MB(soft) and 200MB(hard)) and tried to copy same 400MB file. It is NOT allowing o copy.I have tried to copy a file below 50MB and it is ALLOWED.

that means default user quota which is setting on FS level is working, but the explicit user quotas setting on tree quota enabled directories is not working.

So, is this a system restriction or am I doing anything wrong here ?

8.6K Posts

July 9th, 2014 15:00

Should work

Are you sure you are setting the user quota on the tree level and not the fs level ?

33 Posts

July 10th, 2014 04:00

Yes. I am setting the user quota on tree level

674 Posts

July 10th, 2014 22:00

Something is getting mixed up here.

A user quota is for filesystems or the whole datamover, depending on the configuration, counted for each UID, limiting a user writing additional data in the fs or the whole dm.

A tree quota is for a tree, limiting the data stored in the tree, independent of a single user.

Setting an explicit user quota supersedes default quotas.

How did you "1. Removed default user quota limit from FS (now it  will work as unlimited user limit )"?

No Events found!