Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2017 05:00

Error deleting virtual ports:Virtual ports cannot be deleted when zone paths are configured

Hi,

I am tring to delete a virtual port from an ISCSI interface and re-ip it for use with SAN COPY. I am not sure what the previous IP was used for but it may of been for SAN Copy also

I have checked the initiator screen and can't see anything logged in, It's a VNX 5200 that is about to be decommed but I need a couple of LUNS copied to their new array.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

4.5K Posts

March 29th, 2017 13:00

In Unisphere, go to Setting/Network and select the interface, click on Properties, select the Virtual Port and click Delete.

glen

October 24th, 2017 09:00

Hello Glen,

I have an RPA connected to the iSCSI ports and we have a Virtual port created for these RPA connections.

I need to move the connection of these RPA s to a new port, but I need to use the same IP.

Hence I thought of deleting the Virtual Port from SPA and assigning the same IP and details to another port, but the VNX is not allowing me to delete the Port using the same steps as advised by you above .

Error which I am getting is as follows  :-

Error deleting virtual port: Virtual port cannot be deleted when zone paths are configured.

Screen.PNG.png

Please advice what can be done here.

November 14th, 2017 11:00

Hi siddhant_47,

I was able to accomplish this recently by doing the following steps in order:

1. Change the IP address of the old virtual port -> this will make it unreachable for whatever connection/path might be using it
  2. Go to Hosts -> Initiators -> Deregister all the initiators that show up as Not Logged In that are registered to the port you're trying to change
  3. Now that nothing is using that IP on that port you should be able to delete the Virtual port configuration.

As a side note, in my case, I only had one Virtual port on the physical port I was changing. I'm moving a VNX5200 from 1Gb links to 10Gb links and I'm also keeping the same IP addresses.

1 Message

November 6th, 2019 04:00

Where you able to delete the Virtual ports? I am facing the same issue!

No Events found!