Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2015 12:00

FILE BROKEN***VNX Simulator 8.1.0.15***FILE BROKEN

Just tried to download the VNX Simulator 8.1.0.15, when I try to unzip the file the result is 7zip saying "file broken." Please help. I need to set this up for my job. We need a way to view all nfs exports and their restrictions

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 6th, 2015 13:00

file name VNX_Simulator_8.1.0.15_1DM.zip ?

Just downloaded and extracted using WinRar without issues.

January 6th, 2015 13:00

That's weird because I've downloaded it multiple times and it's been "broken" or "corrupt" each time. I've tried the winrar and 7zip....

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 6th, 2015 14:00

6 Posts

January 15th, 2015 05:00

Hi,

Take a look into the zip file. Using windows unzip a file size of 1,33 Pbyte was shown. I didnt have a problem when using winrar or 7zip thou. Might be related..

kr

WinRAR: 5.20 64bit

bytes.PNG.png

3 Posts

February 13th, 2015 17:00

Hello,

I have downloaded the VNX simulator from this link: https://download.emc.com/downloads/DL49032_VNX_File_Simulator_(OE_8.1.0.15)_Single/Dual_Data_Mover_(OVA_package).ova

and it seems to upload and deploy to vCenter just fine.

What I have problems with is setting Networks mapping for its 3 NICs and actually obtaining a "root" login.

Anybody knows the "root" user login for VNX Storage simulator 8.1.0.15

thanks,

Dan Zilberman@ VMware

6 Posts

February 15th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

user: root / nasadmin

pw: nasadmin

kr

3 Posts

March 5th, 2015 16:00

Hi folks,

I am experiencing a strange but consistent problem with VNX File system simulator (which I managed to download and install as an OVA) . I follow the VNX configuration guide and set up fixed IP addresses on eth1 and eth2 and after that I am able to access the Unisphere control station via https:// for the first time until I follow steps to run the

# ./configure_nic server_2 -a eth1(different NIC than eth2)

and then

/nas/sbin/setup_clarion –init

It creates LUNs but after a reboot of VNX File server VM I am no longer able to access the Unisphere station: https:// . This is pretty consistent with consequent uploads of same VM.

Is it critical to bind server to a different ETH NIC than ETH2 (which I did) and use fixed IP addresses for these NICs? Any other reason why this may not work - what LOGs should I look at please?

thanks,

Daniel

1 Attachment

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

March 5th, 2015 17:00

i use the same interface that is used by the control station (cge0)

3 Posts

March 5th, 2015 23:00

Aftter I have removed manually configured VNX configuration settings done earlier:

# ./configure_nic server_2 -a eth1(different NIC than eth2)

and then

/nas/sbin/setup_clarion –init

to initiate LUNs (turns out one Data mover is pre-configured already), the Unisphere runs OK (see attached).

I am just getting a couple of Critical Alarms and DME Data Mover 3 slot is empty.

Should I configure that Data Mover in order to remove those Alerts?

(New to this whole thing, have many questions

thx,

Daniel

1 Attachment

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

March 6th, 2015 03:00

i think you need to give your VM more memory so that you can have 2 datamovers. I don't care about the second datamover so i left it alone.

No Events found!