Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

January 15th, 2015 12:00

Free assessment tool for VNX

Is there either a free assessment tool or a script I can run against my VNX to assess it for health, security, configuration errors, anomolies, things in the error logs that need attention, etc.?

Thanks!

136 Posts

January 15th, 2015 13:00

If you have access to support.emc.com you can try using Unisphere Service Manager (USM) (faults, issues/recommended actions and configuration info can be obtained).

Alternatively, if you login to your VNX with Unisphere, you can run report wizards and select to generate configuration, system faults, profile info etc. and view an html report. Event logs for File, Block can be viewed from within Unisphere as well as Alerts. Unisphere Help can also provide useful info.

There are also useful recommendations posted on this earlier thread https://community.emc.com/message/857897#857897

What kind of system do you have (Block, File, Unified)?

You can always have EMC Support do a health check if you observe the system is having any issues.

20 Posts

January 15th, 2015 14:00

Ok thanks for the input.  ideally something I can automate with scripting, by hitting unisphere APIs, is preferable to having to log in and then run reports. 

Also, is the EMC health check that they offer a free service or do you have to pay for that?

20 Posts

January 15th, 2015 15:00

And also is unisphere service manager a free tool with VNX or does it cost extra?

8.6K Posts

January 15th, 2015 15:00

USM is free

4 Posts

January 19th, 2015 09:00

mitrend.com has a tool you ran against and it produces a file you then upload to them. that will spit out a report you can use and interpret. i think is only available for partners tho

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

January 19th, 2015 18:00

MITREND is very useful and is available for customers too.

I wrote a blog on it last year with some instructions/guides.

Mitrend- Self Service Performance Analysis for EMC VNX/VMAX/Clariion | Pragmatic IO

No Events found!