Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2015 08:00

Hidden folder after emcopy migration

Hi all,

after a migration from windows server to isilon (made with emcopy) i have found all folder hidden (on isilon).

Have you got any ideas to solve this issue?

Thank you

M.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

i've seen that as well, look at the attrib command described in this blog.

Recursively remove the hidden attribute on Windows files | Nerd Fortress

27 Posts

Hi Dynamox,

i've already tried that command and it works correctly. I would know if there is a "switch command" in emcopy to prevent this issue, because apply the attribute command on large directory (over 4TB) during too long.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

May 11th, 2015 09:00

i don't have access to emcopy right now, i can't recall any options that control folder/file attributes. Question is why they end up with those attributes in the first place. In my scenario it was a relatively small folder so i just fixed it and moved forward with my  migration. I can see how resetting this on a 4TB directory can be tedious.  Do you see anything abnormal on the source directory ? I assume that you have set "run as root"  on the Isilon share for the account you are using with emcopy ?

27 Posts

May 11th, 2015 21:00

Hi Dinamox,

unfortunately i don't know isilon very good..i have a domain account and isilon is join to active directory. My user is in domain admin group...where can i verify if my account is set like "run as root" on the isilon?

Thank you

27 Posts

May 12th, 2015 03:00

I have understood my fault.

I did the migration with emcopy from a dedicated server. From this server i launched the emcopy script that copied data from another server in the lan to isilon folder. The issue occurred because the source folder was a hidden folder so emcopy copied the hidden attribute (i had to migrate an entire disk)to destination folder.

The script was:

emcopy \\server1\d$ \\isilon-tru\ifs$\d

To solve this issue, after the copy,  i launched the script (from the emcopy server, but every windows server is ok) to modify the hidden attribute on destination folder

attrib -S -H \\isilon-tru\ifs$\d

Thanks for your support and sorry for my english.

Regards

No Events found!