Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2014 23:00

How to calculate requests_SPA,requests_SPB for any LUN?

I am interested in calculating LUN's service time in clariion system and the way to calculate this is as:

Service time = ((requests_SPA*Service_time_SPA)+(requests_SPB*Service_time_SPB)) / (Requests_SP_A+Requests_SPB)

Can anyone tell me how can i calculate requests_SPA , requests_SPB for any LUN?

Thanks in advance.

July 30th, 2014 01:00

I guess the below mentioned tread may give you additional information:

Service Time & Response Time

July 30th, 2014 01:00

But it is still unclear how to calculate requests_SPA , requests_SPB for any LUN in order to get service time for any LUN.

38 Posts

July 30th, 2014 04:00

Hi. I am not sure what you mean by 'calculate' requests for a specific LUN -- ideally you would be able to collect actual stats for those.

The problem there is that for pool basd LUNs, as those are abstracted from private pool resources, regular naviseccli getlun stats won't collect read and write request rates for pool LUNs. It will for traditional RAID Group LUNs though.

Analyzer will give you service times for disks and LUNs, but appreciate some people just want to equate the statistics without investing in Analyzer. Without Analyzer, anything that does report statsictics are typically incrmeental so you have to take multipel samples and subtract values and divide by time between when you took the samples to get per second rates.

I have limited experience with other products like M&R and SRM but those might offer some additional detail outside of Analyzer.

Regards,

~Keith

ps. I found your original question interesting as that appeared to be an Analyzer definition for a statistical calculation. As noted, with Analyzere installed, with teh regular Analyzer UI or dumping Analyzer stats to play with in Excel, etc, you get granular stats for Service time anyway.

No Events found!