This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 21st, 2013 02:00

How to perform AutoICA ?

Hi there,

I'd like to kickstart the process of the AutoICA on our lab.

Nowadays, once we want to ICA a Clariion storage in our lab (CX3, CX4 or VNX1) we just go to the lab,

connect the laptop with the ICA utility on it to the storage with a serial cable, connect both to a switch hub and starting the ICA process.

I'd like to know how the AutoICA can be implemented in our lab which will definitely help us tremendously.

Few questions:

Does AutoICA allow a remote ICA of the storage, for me to be able to do the ICA remotely("without leaving my chair")?

How should I start with the process? Is there a step by step guide for me to know which utilities to use?

I guess I'll need to use the Utility Partition but I need to know which version and how to use it.

Could you please refer me how and where should I start with this?

Thanks,

Barry

39 Posts

January 21st, 2013 04:00

This is really going back, a lot of the traditional CLARiiON backend has been removed (or abstracted) so I doubt this is possible.at all... having a stab in the dark, you could try the utiliy partition (as you've stated) or the extended post menu. 

Engineering would have an answer.... but I doubt they'll tell you.  As the CX family develops it gets more and more abstracted.  I remember when I did training on the CX200, CX400 and CX600 series, they basically gaves us access to the NT layer to troubleshoot  stopping and starting services Pre-FLARE... now if it can't be solved with USM its log a support call...

Good luck and let us know if you find anything.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 21st, 2013 06:00

Hi Chris, Thanks for you answer.

What the befit I get from using the Utility Patition?

And could you refer me to a place when I can get procesure to learn how to work wioth the system?

39 Posts

January 21st, 2013 13:00

I'd start with the procgen (make sure its not the customer version), there should still be recovery information in there you could use. I'd then move onto primus and then a good CE.  I don't think you'll  find an answer to your question specifically through any of these methods, but hopefully enough to reverse what you want.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 01:00

Thanks Chris,

So I understand there's now place to learn how to do it?

39 Posts

January 23rd, 2013 02:00

Well I'm saying there are processes and interfaces that might help. If you get an answer please post it here.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 03:00

Thank you.

I will post here if I find it

8.6K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 07:00

Please keep in mind that this is an external customer facing forum here and ICA is an EMC internal tool.

If you need help with it this is not the place where you find people knowledgeable about it.

Rainer

No Events found!