Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

January 13th, 2014 23:00

Migrating data (databases) from windows server local disk to VNXe iSCSI

Hi,

We are setting up three VNXe's and need we need to migrate some data from some of the windows server local disk. The data is just 150 GB but the concern is it is critical database running on it and we want to get it migrated to VNXe online. Can someone please tell what are the options we have available at VNXe for data migration and also what will be suitable for us, as soon as possible please.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Community Manager

• 

7.1K Posts

January 14th, 2014 16:00

Hey,

I think you can use the tools LGDUP & EMCOPY or ROBOCOPY for migrating the data from local to VNXe.

Hope this helps!

11 Posts

January 17th, 2014 02:00

I think unless you have some database software that can do this, you will have to do an offline migration - as you would if you were moving the files from one local disk to another local disk.

As a top level plan, I'd suggest making the database read only, single user, disconnecting the database, copying the files to the new drive, reattaching and then finally making the database usable again.

If you're using MS SQL, a guide is here Database Detach and Attach (SQL Server) and someone else has asked the same can we move the mdf and ldf files without detching and sql server shut down...urgent pls

There may be some third party programs that can do it "live".

Community Manager

• 

7.1K Posts

January 19th, 2014 18:00

Hey,

How is the issue now?

Community Manager

• 

7.1K Posts

January 19th, 2014 22:00

Welcome~

Waiting for your update! 

January 19th, 2014 22:00

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your inputs. Have not yet scheduled this, as have not got a downtime and confirmation. Will update you once tried.

Thanks Again...

Swapnil

No Events found!