Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2012 15:00

Move LUNs to diffrent iSCSI server

SPA failed in my VNXe 3100, the iSCSI server settings shows that SPA has failed over to SPB.  My VCenter shows the datastores as disconected, after a rescan, VCenter does not show the datastores or devices/paths at all.  I am having a hard time getting through to EMC support, their support is just terable;  of course their online chat is down, and going on 4 hours trying to get a tech person to call me back even though my entire company is down right now.  Is there a way to get the existing LUNs to be hosted by SPB instead of A, so that i can just reattach the LUNs and get my productin enviroment backup while i have to deal with EMC support? 

1 Rookie

• 

85 Posts

September 10th, 2012 08:00

My actionplan would be

1. try to ping the iSCSI IP-address of iSCSI-server-A with vmkping to verify if it failedover correctly to SPB
  2. if not successful disconnect network-cables from SPA iSCSI ports and retry step 1
  3. if still not succesful check if the network-config is correct. When SPA is failing SPB takes over the SPA function, including it's iSCSI target IP-addresses. They should be pingable. Verify subnets/VLANs/VMware-vSwitches/Port-binding etc.
  4. if ping is successful you should be able to see your iSCSI target.

Succes!

No Events found!