Start a Conversation

Unsolved

10 Posts

July 10th, 2018 00:00

Replacing faulty VNX 5700 Control Station

Dear all,

We have VNX 5700 unified at the secondary site. The control has powered down due to the unidentified issue. I have ordered the control station replacement.

My question is that how can I replace my faulty control station with newer once. I didn't find any procedure on https://mydocuments.emc.com

8.6K Posts

July 10th, 2018 02:00

I dont think replacement of a control station is a customer procedure (CRU) - which is what mydocs covers

I would suggest to contact your service partner to do the replacement

procedures for replacements that require a certified technician are in Solve Desktop or Solve Online

Do NOT just replace the control station hardware or you will loose your config

July 10th, 2018 02:00

Thanks, Rainer for the prompt response. we are the partners of EMC with certified ISM and VNX. Just need a procedure to perform a faulty replacement.

8.6K Posts

July 10th, 2018 08:00

these procedures are in Solve Desktop and Solve Online

July 11th, 2018 00:00

Control station procedures are no more on solve desktop updated version and online.Solve_Desktop_Online_01.pngSolve_Desktop_Online_02.png

July 11th, 2018 04:00

Can you please snapshot where you see the option to generate the control station replacement procedure. Please attached the procedure with a single control station if possible.

8.6K Posts

July 11th, 2018 04:00

I just sucessfully generated one with Solve Desktop yesterday

I would suggest to retry with Solve Desktop

If that doesnt work for you contact customer service

8.6K Posts

July 11th, 2018 07:00

sorry I cannot attach it here

Its in VNX1 procedures -> Hardware Replacment -> 7.0 / 7.1 Control Station

both in Solve Desktop and Solve Online

If you still cannot find it please turn to partner support to make sure that you have the correct credentials

Seems like you are working with customer view which only shows procedures for parts that are customer replaceable

July 12th, 2018 00:00

I am login with partner account. Anyways thanks for you response. 

8.6K Posts

July 12th, 2018 01:00

when I set access level to partner I do see the CS replacement procedure

when I set it to customer I dont

I would suggest to check with your partner support to make sure your account has the correct authorization

July 13th, 2018 03:00

Thanks for the response, I am authorized as a partner. see the attached image.Solve_Desktop.png

8.6K Posts

July 13th, 2018 05:00

I would suggest you utilize that button in the upper right corner that says "Contact Solve Support" or work it out with your local support contact

No Events found!