Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2013 14:00

SAN Copy Compellent to VNX guide

Does anybody have a good step by step document on how to register a VNX to compellent for SAN copy migration.

We are trying to move off the compellent.     Compellent sees the VNX.   VNX sees the compellent in the inititiator tab.    

How to register San Copy initiator correctly - we used VNX /failover mode 1/array

Update san copy connections does not seem show show ports available in the storage group for uplinks (maybe this is not used in 3rd party array)

Any ideas, documents, threads anyone knows of for connecting a 3rd part array?

Thanks much

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

July 30th, 2013 16:00

so Compellent is logged-in to VNX and you have registered those initiators(complellent ports) but you can't add them to the storage group correct ?

2 Posts

July 30th, 2013 17:00

They are registered on the VNX side and I can and have added them to the storage group.  Within the storage group I cannot assign any san copy ports (connections). 

Maybe they are registered incorrectly?   I used VNX with failover mode 1 and array.  I used a bogus IP address and a name for the connection.

Seems like I can use the San Copy Wizard, add the WWN of the compellent LUN, then select the target LUN on VNX side.   The "verify connections" is grayed out, and when I go to finish the session it errors out.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

July 30th, 2013 18:00

but wait, you are going to be pulling from Compellent so it does not matter if they are registered or not on VNX side. Just make sure you that on Compellent  you give VNX  ports access to the LUNs you will be pulling from. It's cold pull, source host will need to be shutdown.

No Events found!